Robert Redford has that style that he can almost wear anything and make it look good. From his cowboy style of the ’60s and his label Sundance, to a tuxedo and meeting a President. The hallmarks of vintage Redford were blue jeans, a tweed jacket over an oxford blue shirt and aviators.
Another iconic statement piece of Redford’s wardrobe is a leather bomber jacket, regularly seen at the Sundance Film Festival. The bomber is a classic for menswear representing good looks and American casual wear. His style took in stylish to sporty outdoor and incorporating evening wear when the need arose.
Redford’s staples for style would be;
- A heavy winter coat or overcoat, with classic straight lines
- His statement leather bomber jacket
- Couple of fitted blazers or jackets
- A fitted suit
- Wool sweaters
- Classic shirts in blue, natural and white
- Blue jeans
- Dress pants
- A cardigan
- Plain T-shirts
- Tan accessories
- Good quality shoes and boots
- Collection of neutral ties
- Selection of caps/knitted beanies
- Clean shaven but with side burns
- Layered haircut
Some of these items like the cardigan for instance, could be used for layering if the weather was not cool enough for an overcoat.
Photo credits; reddit, 2freebirds, timeoutnewyork, inside movies