Every month we are having a look at what you need to participate in a sport. This month it is swimming.
- 1 Sports Bag – To carry the kit
- 2 Pairs of Bathers – Accidents happen
- 2 Pairs of Goggles – Just in case of breakages
- 2 Towels – One after swimming, the other after a shower
- 1 Pair of Flip-Flops or Thongs or other footwear to take a shower in – Tinea can be a problem in a public wet areas
- 2 Swimming Caps – They do wear out
- Sun block or sunscreen – If the swimming pool is outside you can become burnt in as little as 15 minutes
- 1 Change of underwear
- A drink and food or money for a drink and food, may I suggest change
- I would suggest locking the kit away if available, because people may steal your swimming kit
This may sound like a lot of equipment for swimming remember that accidents and breakages do happen especially when swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool. I would recommend washing the kit after every swimming session because of chemical residue.
To wash items; goggles, caps and bathers are best washed out in warm water with a mild detergent by hand. Allow to air dry.